Point of Return Podcast Series with Dr. Bill Code, M.D.
Dr. Bill Code is a medical advisor to Point of Return and we are honored to have this exclusive podcast series that will consist of relevant cutting-edge topics applicable to all aspects of health.
Dr. Code is an acclaimed author, Integrative Physician and president of the British Columbia Integrative Physician Organization. He has written numerous books including Youth Renewed: A Common-sense Approach to Vibrant Health... at Any Age; Who is in Control of Your Multiple Sclerosis?; Pieces of the MS Recovery Puzzle and Winning the Pain Game. His latest, Solving the Brain Puzzle is a complete layperson's guide to achieving Brain Health.
His passion for providing healing strategies began at 42 years old when at the height of a successful and challenging career in Anesthesiology he was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease of excess inflammation in the brain and a leaky blood brain barrier where the immune system attacks the central nervous system (brain, spinal cord and optic nerves), often resulting in severe pain and neurological deterioration.attacks the central nervous system (brain, spinal cord and optic nerves), often resulting in severe pain and neurological deterioration.
Series No. 1 - Intro to Solving the Brain Puzzle and Cognitive Issues with Benzos, Sleeping Pills and Antidepressants - Coming in April 2019
Dr. Bill Code will discuss cognitive issues as it relates to benzodiazepine, sleeping pill and antidepressant use.
About Dr. Bill Code, M.D.
Dr. Bill Code is the President of the British Columbia Integrative Physician Organization and one of twelve physicians selected by the Royal College of Physician's and Surgeous as a specialist in his field from British Columbia (population 8 million). The purpose of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons is to oversee the medical education of specialists in Canada. Dr. Code has a thriving private practice in Vancouver and lectures internationally 4-5 times a year and monthly within Canada.
Dr. Code's areas of expertise are:
- Glutathione, the body's master antioxidant.
- Addiction to Psychoactive medications, including Benzodiazepines, Sleeping Pills and Antidepressants
- Brain Diseases including Multiple Sclerosis, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Alzhiemers, Parkinson's Disease
- Brain / Gut Imbalances which understands the links between digestion, mood, health and brain function
- Chronic Pain and Sleep Issues
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease treatments through microbiome-based therapies
- Hyperbaric Oxygenation Treatment where a patient breathes pure oxygen under greater than normal atmospheric pressure.
- Gut Flora Transplants or the transplantation of healthy bacteria into the gastrointestinal tract. This procedure is often used for C. difficile colitis with a current study in Toronto Canada for Bi-polar disorder.
- PhotoBioModulation Therapy which utilizes non-ionizing light sources, including lasers, light emitting diodes and broadband light in the visible and near-infrared electromagnetic spectrum.
- Dr. Bill Code is an expert in the use of Cannabis and the various types of CBD for pain control, depression, anxiety and inflammation. He also addresses the interaction danger of combining with various classifications of medications.
Solving the Brain Puzzle” is an incredibly thorough book exploring the brain and body connections. It is surprisingly easy to read, especially since it gives so many detailed medical and scientific discussions about brain issues, Dr. Bill Code and his wife, Denise, have an informal writing style which is like sitting down to talk with caring friends. The book has short, focused sections, so it's easy to read in bursts OR you can read the whole thing in one sitting, like I did. The sections about cannabis were especially helpful in understanding the new research results. The book describes many success stories of patients who were helped with pain issues. I love Dr. Bill and Denise's attitude - they doesn't fuss at those of us who aren't keeping up with our health like we should, but they encourage and inspire us to keep working at it. Dr. Bill Code is a highly respected, internationally known physician, with many articles, speeches and other excellent books to his credit. This new book is an encyclopedia of all the latest research on the brain. With their combined medical knowledge, research and life experiences, Dr. Bill and Denise Code have a huge store of knowledge and tips to share. The concepts are explained with clear and convincing language. I highly recommend “Solving the Brain Puzzle” to anyone with any questions about the brain and its connections for living a healthier and longer life. - Dr. Patrick Rourke and Elaine Rourke, M.A.E., Titusville, Florida